Wednesday, April 19, 2006

This Just In...

Since mid-January or so, about the time I got my last performance review and salary increase, I have been job hunting. Less than an hour ago, I got a job offer to work in the IT department for a large manufacturing company in the same city I'm in now. I've been negotiating with this specific company for a little under a month, and have been hoping to get an offer from them. The company is privately owned, has a family-style atmosphere, understands the unique needs of IT, gives me great opportunity for technical growth, and a good salary increase. I'm sooooo stoked.

Now, of course, comes the hard part... telling my supervisor and my co-workers that I'm leaving. I hold no longer hold any loyalty to my current employer, but I do have an affinity for the people I work with. To complicate matters a bit, I had planned to give my notice in a few days, but my new employer asked me to give the notice today... the thing is, I'm home with a sick kid... that may look a little odd to the supervisor.

No comments: