Saturday, January 31, 2009

Fun With Facial Hair

I told myself that when the weather forecast called for a 40 degree day, it was time to shave the beard. Today was that day. I've grown and shaved my facial hair many times over the years, and have sported several different styles. But I've never done one of those "let's play" shaves, where I started with a beard and ended up clean-shaven, with many different styles along the way. I finally did it.

Here's a link to the slide show.

Sorry they look so much like mug shots, but hey, they were self-portraits.

What's your favorite? Your least favorite?

5 comments:

Sunny said...

Wow- what a difference!!!!

Grizzly Adams beard to clean shaven. My fav was the fourth set. A bit more beard and the mustache. It's the same look you had when you made the pic of you playing your guitar awhile back too, isn't it??
The hat in that pic really made the look cool too.

My least fav- both extremes. The Grisley Adams look and the clean shaven baby face are just too common and predictable. Men should have a bit of facial hair- even if it's a five o clock shadow which is ALSO a sexy look.

Paulius said...

I just can't believe you tried all those different styles and didn't try the full Burt Reynolds, the 'American Chopper' Paul Sr. ...and of course, the Hitler/Charlie Chaplin.

My personal favorite one to do is the victorian-era muttonchops attached to mustache look.

I appear to have put too much thought into this.

Evan 08 said...

Sunny: Mrs. Evan compared the first shave to Captain Morgan. She said I looked like a musketeer in the second. You're right... the clean stache and long goatee is how I sported things in my guitar pics.

Paulius: There's practically an infinite combination of facial hair possibilities, but once you shave some of it off, the possible combinations decrease rapidly. I thought about the Hitler/Chaplin, but would have ditch the soul patch. I wanted that to be my last shot.

Paulius said...

Heh,

If I ever write, direct and star in a blockbuster movie, "an infinite combination of facial hair possibilities" is going to be the tagline.

My beard's getting kinda long, maybe I'll try to make a slide show of the possibilities you denied yourself.

Evan 08 said...

That'd be cool! Between the two of us, maybe we could nail virtually every combination.