Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Getting Old

It's official... I'm getting old. Okay, I've really known this for quite a while. After all, every year when I grow my beard out, it's become progressively more gray. It's to the point now where almost my entire beard is as white as snow.

Over the last year or two though, I've noticed that I've had to hold reading material progressively farther from my face. At the rate I've been progressive, I'll have to hold stuff at arm's length in less than a year. I've been considering going to an optometrist for an eye exam, but I decided to get some reading glasses instead. I picked them up today. I was going to post a picture, but my older daughter has my camera, and my younger daughter's camera has a dead battery. I hope to put the picture up a little later.

Oh... speaking of pictures, let's go back to my aforementioned beard. I've been letting it grow since November. I like the way that the beard keeps my face warm in the winter. But with spring around the corner, I think it's about time to shave it off. That's where the pictures come in. I'm going to have a "Fun with facial hair" post. I'll start out with a picture of the full beard; then I'll shape it and take another pic; then I'll take pics as I shave it off a little at a time, with a different beard in each pic. Is there any specific beard type you'd like to see? Let me know and I'll try to fit it in.

3 comments:

Sunny said...

There are TYPES of beards????

Other than ZZ Top Style and Goatees....WHO KNEW??????

Sunny said...

Oh- and how about "M" for your letter?.

Evan 08 said...

Sure, there are quite a few beard types. Here are some examples.

M sounds fine. I'll do it in a day or two... or three...