Thursday, January 1, 2009

You Know You're Old When...

-Your parents call early to wish you a Happy New Year, because they'll be in bed long before midnight. Funny thing is, you're glad they called, because you'll be in bed before midnight as well.

-You know that you've had many fun, exciting New Years Eve parties, but you can't recall any of them. (Of course that could be a result of alcohol, not old age.)

-You ceased staying up to ring in the new year yourself. Now, you do it because you're supervising your children.

-But you give up anyway and go to bed early. After all, they'll scream if something goes wrong.

-Silly string is no longer a fun toy, it's a nuisance that smells like ass and takes too much work to clean up.

-Tinsel is no longer a wonderful decoration, it's a bitch to clean up off of the floors.

-You don't really wish your friends and co-workers Happy New Year, because you realize that January 1 is an arbitrary day.

3 comments:

Sunny said...

*giggling behind her hand thinking SOMEONE didn't get enough sleep last night.....*


Geeze, Dude...I was up til 7 AM this morning ringing in the New Year!!!
Of course I was on the job and was REQUIRED to stay awake til then, too......Had I been home I would have probably been in bed about midnight thirty.

Next year I plan to ring it in grandly with my Darling P, tho!!!
Already told my boss I'm gonna take two weeks off for my vacation.

My boss about had a conniption!! Hey- he can't say I didn't give him PLENTY of time to prepare and get my spot covered!!!!-Besides- I haven't had a vacation in over three years!!- No- 5 years!! I took 12 days for our Honeymoon!!!

Sunny said...

Sorry-didn't mean for that to be a mini-blog in your comments!!!

Can you tell I just woke up???

Paulius said...

Dude, you just described my feeling almost exactly.

I turn 28 this month...does that count as old now?

Perhaps you should re-title this one..."You Know You're Old Or Just a Miserable Bastard Like Paulius When..."