Monday, February 9, 2009

Mixed Bag

Today's kind of a mixed bag...

The weekend's water fiasco is well behind me. I was really stressed Friday, while in the midst of all of the water. I didn't thoroughly unwind until early Saturday afternoon. The dishwasher is still on the blink because the part hasn't come in, but washing dishes by hand isn't such a big deal. I recognize my dishwasher for what it is... a convenience. Of course it's a convenience that I will more readily appreciate once it's up and running again.

My older kid is home sick. Mrs. Evan and I think she has strep. Sore throat, white coating on the tongue, low-grade fever and body aches. All signs of strep. We'll know for sure a little later today after I take her to the doctor.

I was supposed to work today, and since I'm a part-time employee, no work = no pay. Fortunately, I can work tomorrow... no harm, no foul. The downside of this is that the weather tomorrow afternoon is supposed to be spectacular... almost 60 degrees. I had planned on taking my bike for the first ride of the year. In fact, I had planned to ride out to J&P Cycles to purchase some saddlebags for the bike. I figured that I'd look at some bags, find the ones I liked, pop 'em on and ride home. No such luck now, and it looks like we're going back to cooler Wednesday, who knows how long until I ride again. Judging by the forecast, it will be at least two more weeks.

On the good side, I was pretty sure which saddlebags I wanted. I did some more internet research today and found the set for $30 less elsewhere. I called J&P to see if they have any sort of price matching guarantee, but got nowhere. I ordered the set online and my new bling should arrive in a week or so.

Maybe the kid's being sick is a sign from God (or fate, or whatever) that I wasn't supposed to ride tomorrow. Either way, I guess I'll have a chance sometime this year, and I did get a good deal on the saddlebags. Maybe I should have called today's post "Mixed (Saddle)Bag."

1 comment:

Sunny said...

LOL- Maybe so Mixed Saddlebags...LMAO!!!
- Our dishwasher has been on the blink for about three years now. HATE hand-washing dishes unless I have someone there to talk to me while I'm doing it. Will definitely appreciate when we get another one too.

I think I almost look forward to your first ride of the season as much as YOU do.
Living life vicariously is not my style, usually tho.

Good deal on the saddlebags tho!! Thirty bucks saved for a weeks waiting isn't bad at ALL!!!!