Thursday, February 5, 2009

Warts and All

Like Paulius, I've been messing around with composing music. Unlike him, my music isn't a result of sampling and looping. I've been working on my most recent piece for two to three weeks, off and on. Though it's not perfect, polished, and will only appeal to a select few, I figured I'd toss it on the net for those of you who want to hear it.

Before you listen, I want you to know this... I'm NOT a professional musician. I'm a mediocre-at-best guitarist who started playing in his late 30's. That said though, the only thing that's not me is the drum track. I composed and recorded the bass, rhythm and lead guitar all by my lonesome.

Give it a listen...

3 comments:

Sunny said...

Oh I like that- sort of a cross of Southern Rock with a bit of Blues thrown in.
Seduction Music.

Paulius said...

Hey! Don't lump me in with the samples and loops crowd. my 'song' was just the result of playing with the software for an hour or to learn how to use it.

That being said, nice work on your song. The only thing I'd suggest is that the delay filter on your lead guitar makes it sound like it's not in time at a couple points. I'd get rid of that effect or tighten it up a little.

Also, from listening to that, I would never guess that you haven't being playing for all that long. Hell, I've heard a lot worse on the radio.

Evan 08 said...

My music teacher gave me another composition project. I suspect it will take me a month or so to come up with something.

I have some lyrics to go with the last song, but I'm not yet happy with how I sound. Correction, I sound like a cat getting sucked into a jet intake. I need to work that out.

Paulius: Did you post a song that was comprised of looping and sampling? Nuf sed.

I don't think that it was the delay filter on my effects pedal. I think my timing was just a bit off. Thanks for the vote of confidence though.

Today's word verification word: chester. As in chester the molester.