Saturday, July 20, 2013

You Can’t Make this Sh*t Up, Part I

The Back Story
In retrospect, I can probably say that I never liked the guy, but he was dating my daughter, and they eventually had a child together, so I had to give him a fighting chance.  He had a couple of strikes against him coming out of the gate.  (How’s that for mixing my metaphors?)  He met my daughter by crashing a party.  The next morning, things were discovered missing from the house.  He struck me as white trash when we first met.  I accepted that he was dating my daughter though and tried to make the best of it.  I let him into my home.  I fed him.  I gave him money for a motel room when he was kicked out of his parents’ house.  I defended his rights as a father when others were telling my pregnant daughter to go for full custody.  I should have followed my instinct.

Author's Note: You Can’t Make this Sh*t Up is a factual story, broken into twelve installments for easy reading.  I am writing the story primarily for the benefit of my friends... specifically those friends who wanted to know what was going on, but remained silent, allowing me to focus on the emergency at hand.  Thanks to all of you who prayed for us, or sent words of encouragement.  You can go directly to any of these installments by clicking below...

Part I
Part II
Part III
Part IV
Part V
Part VI
Part VII
Part VIII
Part IX
Part X
Part XI
Part XII

No comments: