Saturday, July 20, 2013

You Can’t Make this Sh*t Up, Part VII

The Baby is WHERE?!?
As my daughter was taken by ambulance to the hospital, baby daddy was taken by squad car to the county jail, where he was charged with Domestic Assault and Assault with Intent.  The police left the baby with his parents.  It took hours for my daughter to even find out where the baby was.  Once she found out, she freaked!  She told the cops to get the baby.  (Remember, the cops were the ones who left the baby with his parents.)  They wouldn’t.  They said to get a court order.  It was too late in the day to get a court order, so the attorney said to call DHS.  DHS said to call the cops.  Several hours later, she was released from the hospital.  I took my daughter to the police station.  Once again, the cops were reluctant to do anything, but I convinced the Lt. to get a couple of cops to go out there with us to retrieve her son.  The understanding was that the cops weren’t going to get involved.  I was just hoping to bluff them into giving him up.  (The part that really angers me about this is that the cops left the baby with his parents, but would do nothing to clean up the mess that they made.)

Author's Note: You Can’t Make this Sh*t Up is a factual story, broken into twelve installments for easy reading.  I am writing the story primarily for the benefit of my friends... specifically those friends who wanted to know what was going on, but remained silent, allowing me to focus on the emergency at hand.  Thanks to all of you who prayed for us, or sent words of encouragement.  You can go directly to any of these installments by clicking below...

Part I
Part II
Part III
Part IV
Part V
Part VI
Part VII
Part VIII
Part IX
Part X
Part XI
Part XII

No comments: