Saturday, July 20, 2013

You Can’t Make this Sh*t Up, Part IV

Heading South
Roughly six months after the baby was born, it was time for my daughter to move back home.  Baby daddy got fired from his job and couldn’t make rent.  My daughter assumed primary physical custody of the baby, but had every intention of letting baby daddy see his child pretty much at will.  I figured that he’d probably disappear after a couple of months.  This isn’t exactly what happened.  His visits were infrequent and sporadic, but he never went much more than a week without seeing his son.  One day early last month, though, things took another violent turn.  The three of them had a visit and went to the park.  After the visit, they returned home and the trouble began.  He wanted to take the baby overnight.  In normal circumstances – in a normal relationship – this wouldn’t be an issue.  But he had no car and no place to stay.  My daughter said no, pointing out the aforementioned facts as her rationale.  He said that he was going to take the baby to his parents’ house.  (You remember his parents, right?  The bat-shit crazy ones I mentioned a bit ago?)  At this point, I said I wouldn’t allow it, and he literally went nuts.  He got in my face, screaming “You won’t tell me what I can and can’t do with my own son!” He then head-butted me in the face, breaking my nose.  My daughter and he broke up immediately after that.  I’d like to think I helped her realize that it would only be a matter of time before he hurt her or the baby, but I can’t say that for sure.  Either way, they were through.

Author's Note: You Can’t Make this Sh*t Up is a factual story, broken into twelve installments for easy reading.  I am writing the story primarily for the benefit of my friends... specifically those friends who wanted to know what was going on, but remained silent, allowing me to focus on the emergency at hand.  Thanks to all of you who prayed for us, or sent words of encouragement.  You can go directly to any of these installments by clicking below...

Part I
Part II
Part III
Part IV
Part V
Part VI
Part VII
Part VIII
Part IX
Part X
Part XI
Part XII

No comments: