Saturday, July 20, 2013

You Can’t Make this Sh*t Up, Part VIII

Hide and Seek
We got to his parents’ house (sorry, trailer) and knocked on the door.  Nobody answered, but we saw someone open the curtains.  In short, we knew that the baby was in there.  Grandpa was a few houses down, and my daughter saw him.  The cops told him that we were there to retrieve the baby.  He said that the baby “isn’t in there, and you don’t have a warrant, so you can’t go check, so you can just go fuck right off.”  He said some other stuff in a vain attempt to bait me into a confrontation.  In the end, we had to leave without the baby.

Author's Note: You Can’t Make this Sh*t Up is a factual story, broken into twelve installments for easy reading.  I am writing the story primarily for the benefit of my friends... specifically those friends who wanted to know what was going on, but remained silent, allowing me to focus on the emergency at hand.  Thanks to all of you who prayed for us, or sent words of encouragement.  You can go directly to any of these installments by clicking below...

Part I
Part II
Part III
Part IV
Part V
Part VI
Part VII
Part VIII
Part IX
Part X
Part XI
Part XII

No comments: