Saturday, July 20, 2013

You Can’t Make this Sh*t Up, Part IX

Court is Now in Session
The next morning I sprang into action while my daughter stayed home and convalesced.  We were all furious about the whole situation.  I went to the courthouse and talked to the prosecuting attorney, with two goals in mind.  1) See if he could be held without bail.  This wasn’t possible, but based on the entirety of the circumstances, they got the bail upped by 250% over what they usually ask. 2) See if the Criminal No Contact Order (which is automatically issued in the case of Domestic Assault) could be extended to my grandson.  No such luck.  The only method of getting my grandson covered under the no contact order was through civil court.  Fortunately, the court expedites no contact orders, for the safety of the victims.  The court order was issued, and he was served while he was still in jail.

Author's Note: You Can’t Make this Sh*t Up is a factual story, broken into twelve installments for easy reading.  I am writing the story primarily for the benefit of my friends... specifically those friends who wanted to know what was going on, but remained silent, allowing me to focus on the emergency at hand.  Thanks to all of you who prayed for us, or sent words of encouragement.  You can go directly to any of these installments by clicking below...

Part I
Part II
Part III
Part IV
Part V
Part VI
Part VII
Part VIII
Part IX
Part X
Part XI
Part XII

No comments: