Saturday, July 20, 2013

You Can’t Make this Sh*t Up, Part VI

The Deep End
Last Thursday he asked for the baby.  Thursday turned into an overnight visit.  The overnight visit turned into Friday night… and Saturday night… and Sunday night.  He said that he had an attorney’s appointment for Monday to work out a formal custody arrangement, and that she could have the baby then.  There was no such appointment.  My daughter got him to meet at a local restaurant, planning to get the baby back.  Instead of giving the baby back, he tried to take off again.  My daughter called the police, who told her to make him stay put.  Instead of staying, he ran over my daughter with his truck, once again taking the baby with him.  As my daughter lay screaming in the parking lot, he drove back to his parents’ house, like a coward.

Author's Note: You Can’t Make this Sh*t Up is a factual story, broken into twelve installments for easy reading.  I am writing the story primarily for the benefit of my friends... specifically those friends who wanted to know what was going on, but remained silent, allowing me to focus on the emergency at hand.  Thanks to all of you who prayed for us, or sent words of encouragement.  You can go directly to any of these installments by clicking below...

Part I
Part II
Part III
Part IV
Part V
Part VI
Part VII
Part VIII
Part IX
Part X
Part XI
Part XII

No comments: