Saturday, July 20, 2013

You Can’t Make this Sh*t Up, Part X

Out and Running
Later that day, he was released on bail.  Baby daddy and his parents left town with the baby.  During this process, I specifically told everyone involved that I believed they’d bolt with the baby.  Apparently they didn’t believe me.  The local police department once again proved themselves not up to the task of retrieving my grandson.  They stopped by the trailer, but no cars were there and nobody answered.  We didn’t find this out until my daughter called the police department.  They said “don’t worry, we’ll keep driving by.”  The next morning, she once again called, asking “Where’s my baby!?!”  The police said they didn’t know anything yet, and asked if my daughter knew any other places where they might be.  That’s right; they didn’t do ANY of their own investigating.  They didn’t do ANYTHING to stay in touch with the panicked mother, and they didn’t ask ANY of these basic questions until long after they were ordered to bring my grandson back to his mother.

Author's Note: You Can’t Make this Sh*t Up is a factual story, broken into twelve installments for easy reading.  I am writing the story primarily for the benefit of my friends... specifically those friends who wanted to know what was going on, but remained silent, allowing me to focus on the emergency at hand.  Thanks to all of you who prayed for us, or sent words of encouragement.  You can go directly to any of these installments by clicking below...

Part I
Part II
Part III
Part IV
Part V
Part VI
Part VII
Part VIII
Part IX
Part X
Part XI
Part XII

No comments: