Thursday, November 10, 2005

Let the Story Begin

The noble quest began last month. Paulius unwittingly opened a creative can of worms by off-handedly telling me that my word verification called him 'fuckwagy,' and from there it progressed. Over the last four weeks we've all submitted some great words... none of which are actually words. Rather, they're letters thrown together in a random order, and assigned a particular meaning based on our imagination and creativity. Though I originally asked for 100 words, I'm thoroughly convinced that I can spin an adequate tale using the 50 that have already been submitted.

I had an idea of what I'd be writing about by the time I had the first ten words submitted, but held off on actually scripting the saga until I had all of the words I'd need. I'm glad that I waited. By the time I had finished my first paragraph today, I knew the story was nothing like I had originally planned.

By the time the second paragraph was completed, I understood that I would be unable to post the whole story in one day, so I've also changed course on how I'm writing this. Instead of doing one gargantuan post, I've decided to post this a little at a time, over the next several days.

I've got a loose idea of how the story will progress today and tomorrow, but beyond that, I'm not sure where the story will go. Based on this uncertainty, and because this tale will be written in serial format, I've decided to make it interactive. What does that mean to you? I'm glad you asked. I will post my first installment today, and I welcome your input in two ways. First, let me know what you think of the story. Second, let me know what you'd like my character to do, and how you'd like to see him -- and consequently the story -- develop.

Our collective linguistic adventure continues to grow and evolve...

No comments: